Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 December 2003 15:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve wall I am currently carrying out a new batch of COSHH RA's, using present known information from the relevant companies MSDS's, However one in particular is causing me some concern, although it refers to action required to be carried out for first aid, the sheet itself does not actually refer to what sysptoms may occur, in fact it is vauge to say the least...on checking the date of issue of this particular MSDS both on the hard copy sent just two weeks ago, and on the company website itself ,it states date of issue as 1995!!!!.....surely this cannot be correct? could someone please confirm if legislation covers MSDS updates, even if the product itself has not changed, surely Assessments of the product should be made more often....help please anyone, I have my line manager crawling all over my back, but i refuse to complete the RA until I have the correct information to hand.....
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2003 15:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Steve MSDSs have to be kept up to date but, if nothing has changed since 1995 for the sheet in question, then there is nothing to update. Does the MSDS comply with the ACoP under CHIPS? If not then it is about time it did. Paul