Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2004 12:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steven John Nelson
Can anyone point me towards (or share) a simple peice of software - probably MS Access driven- which will:
1. help me to schedule & manage the inspection of premises (or anythng else for that matter)for the purposes of -among other things- (i) general safety or (ii) fire risk assessment etc etc
2. keep track of whether the inspection has ben done
3. record the [remedial] actions required as a result of the inspection
4. record the delivery (or not) of each [remeial] action
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2004 15:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Micklewright
I would also like pointers for the above,

Thanks Simon
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2004 16:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Pack
Hi,

If you have Lotus notes & an able IT person I would recommend devleoping your database in Notes. At my previous company we started putting a database together in Access and it can work to a degree but at my current company we have been developing it using Notes and it is far more powerful. I am developing a EHSMS & database and incorporating the QMS to create an IMS (plenty of acronyms)and I can do so much with it.
So far IT has not disappointed in implementing what I want to achieve with it. As it is in notes you are able to make use of the email function so you can autoemail actions coming out assessment/investigations, autoemail reminders etc. We are also going to make it available to all employees and the security is dictated by their email addresses.
Through using crystal reports we are able to produce report based on the information in the database.
I've not looked at any commercially available packages so I can't comment on how good or bad they are.

I hope you find this useful.

Regards,
Jane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2004 19:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robin V Boughton
Have a look through some recent issues of the Safety and Health Practitioner as there are often adverts by providers of such software in there.