Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2004 12:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul I have been asked to write competency levels in our organisation from Warehouse Operative upto and including Director. Has anyone done this before?. if so, I would apprecite seeing anything you have written.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2004 12:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Paul, You'll have to put up your email address before anyone can send you anything. I doubt whether anyone will post something that bulky direct onto the Forum. I think what you might be looking for is a skills matrix. I have one of these for the various layers in an organisation. It lists the tasks expected of the postholder, what they need to know and be able to do in order to carry out those tasks and a column listing training needs. Happy to send it to you. Allan
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 January 2004 19:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kieran Duignan Competency and task analysis and design is a standard part of the role of an ergonomist or occupational psychologist. There are several guides available in this area; let us know your email if you would like to know the titles.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 January 2004 20:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian stevenson Paul Good reading, benchmarking the competent person in manufacturing & engineering sectors, ISBN 07176 22274 it is a PDF file if required. regards Ian
Admin  
#5 Posted : 19 January 2004 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hilary Charlton I too have competency levels - if you make your e-mail address available I will send these to you. Hilary
Admin  
#6 Posted : 29 January 2004 09:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Sinclair Health and safety competency levels have been published by the Employment National Traning Organisation (Employment NTO)for all levels of person within an organisation. These include competence requirements for health and safety practitioners and safety representatives. The document is available on the NTO website. Regards. David