Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2004 13:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian G. Minty As part of my course I have been asked to "draw up a checklist that could be used to carry out inspections on a simple static rack storage system consisting of a 3 metre high metal angle racking and pressed metal shelving used to store parts in a typical workshop or garage. The checklist should include weekly, monthly and annual checks" Explain your thoughts. If any of you have such checklists, could you e-mail them to me please? There's no point in re-inventing the wheel!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2004 14:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sharon Ian, I sent you mail this morning, did you get it?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2004 14:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robin V Boughton Yes there is. Its part of the learning process and it teaches you to think through problems on your own! Life is like that!!!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2004 14:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian G. Minty Thanks Sharon, I'm on my work computer at the moment and the e-mail has gone to my home PC. Robin, I have done my research and have identified areas that I will use in my checklist. But, benchmarking is an important part of health and safety and drawing on others knowledge and experience is an important part of a safety persons learning curve. Also one of the benefits of membership of IOSH and the purpose of this forum is that you are able to discuss issues with other members and draw on their extensive knowledge and experience.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 January 2004 14:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Smurfer Would you like me to write your assignments for you? I can even attend college on days when you can't make it... Rates are very reasonable! ;-)
Admin  
#6 Posted : 23 January 2004 16:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robin V Boughton The point is it will not be your checklist. It will be a wheel invented by someone else painted in your colours. Benchmarking is important but it should be done when your checklist has been completed!!! A request for ideas would have been a better strategy to follow than ask for the finished article. My rates are reasonable too!!!
Admin  
#7 Posted : 23 January 2004 22:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian G. Minty Thank you very much to the people who e-mailed checklists. They confirmed that I was thinking along the right lines for my own checklist. And as for repainting a wheel in my own colour, is that not what many of us do. We all take relevant guidance and examples of best practice and then tailor it so that is specific for own requirements and addressses all of the relevant risks.