Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2004 16:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Knagg Is it just me or does the "Enforcer's" approach and attitude get right up your nose? Is this the way we are supposed to deal with health and safety issues on construction sites? Try this attitude in the real world and see how long your stood up for!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2004 16:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Abbott I don't know about anyone else, but I always remember - People buy People first... If they like your approach, and your attitude to them, they are more likely to listen to what you have to say. I think that works in any industry...
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2004 17:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brett Day Yes, myself and another collegue auditioned for that role and were turned down. One of the things we were asked was could we give a good bo**?!ng, Seeing as I was a senior NCO in the RAF of course, but did go on to say that, in my experience that often wasn't the way to get things resolved. Needless to say I didn't get the role !! I have seen H&S advisors of the enforcers ilk, but have also seen them get a good hiding. Yet again H&S is portrayed as a bunch of officious little tyrants. But then again that's what makes good TV.