Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2004 15:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Katiem
We rent out part of our premises to another company. Other than Section 3 of HASWA 1974, and the Management Regs, what responsibility do we have to them regarding risk assessments.

I hope someone can adise.

Thank you
Kate
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2004 15:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould
Dont hold me on this but I think section 4 HSWA, but could be wrong and Im sure someone will correct if I am.

Also check management regs as I think theirs something about co-operation and co-ordination in shared places of work.

This is just of the top of my head so may be slightly inncorrect.

Hope this starts thing for you

Regards Jason
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2004 15:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould
Sorry you already have that covered.

Just rushed in didnt I.

Jason
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2004 17:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Tonge
Hi Kate,

The Fire Precautions (workplace) regulations require that if the workplace is shared with other persons, they should be kept informed of the significant findings of your fire risk assessment. This applies both ways from your tenant to yourselves and vica versa.

If you have control over the premises (as the landlord you do) you have responsibility for ensuring the regulations are complied with in the areas you control. This will require communication between all parties to ensure the co-ordination of fire safety provisions, fire-fighting measures and evacuation procedures etc.

The first thing that sprung to mind, hope this helps,

Neil