Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2004 19:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Roddis
Has anyone developed a protocol for contact with the HSE.ie for managers when they are faced with a visit to investigate an accident or complaint etc. I have been asked to prepare one for the local authority I work for and wondered if anyone had any ideas, references or documents that would be useful. We already have guidance in relation to the powers of inspectors, improvement notices etc. This is more about how they go about interviewing and gathering evidence, their section 20 powers, legal professional privilege, etc. I have looked at the HSE site which goes through their approach in some detail but was looking for a simpler guide. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2004 22:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Caboche
Peter,
have mailed you direct
Admin  
#3 Posted : 04 February 2004 22:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne
Peter,

If you work for a Local Authority then talk to the Environmental Health Department. They have the same authority as the HSE and will be able to tell you about how they interview witnesses and prepare cases etc.

Regards,

Paul Craythorne