Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2004 22:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Prictor
Where can I find regulations on health spa (pools) please
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2004 09:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Langston
Hope these help.

For pool water quality try the document "swimming pool water - treatment and quality standards" published by the Pool water treatment advisory group - ISBN 0 951 7007 6 6, or for management of swimming pools try "managing health and safety in swimming pools" published by the HSE in partnership with sport england - HSG 179.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2004 12:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tom Waddell
Hi John,
Your question was not too specific, however, I think you should look at the Public Health Laboratory Services publication "Hygiene for Hydrotherapy Pools" which has recently been reprinted and revised. (ISBN 0 9011144 460)

This book looks at the management of hydrotherapy and whirlpool spas in an NHS type environment, however much of the information re water management etc can be applied to the commercial / domestic situation, especially in relation to water hygiene and bacteria control. Many of these types of pools are run at about 32degrees Centigrade (body temperature) and thus bacterica can thrive at these tempeatures. This may also lead to problems with skin conditions etc.

Hope I have correctly interperated the information you need and this is of some help.

PS:
Public Health Laboratory Srevice
60 Colindale Avenue
London. NW9 5DF