Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2004 16:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By keith wigley
I am trying to persuede my employer that it makes more sence to train me rather than pay for a consultant.
can anyone provide me with the likely costs for a consultation.
what are the costs for daily visits risk/ass, policies, ect.
Ballpark costs would be fine.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2004 18:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Adrian Watson
Dear Keith,

In respect of consultancy costs it varies between £250 and £1000 per day, but you pay for what you get.

In respect of replacing consultants, I would suggest that a better arguement is that you would supplement them initially and later on they would supplement your experience. If you need a consultant for 5 days and you can do the ground work and cut the consultant down you will quickly get pay back.

If you convince your boss you can do everthing, there will be resistance if you need a consultant for political reasons or because you need more experience in an area.

I hope this helps.

Regards Adrian Watson
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2004 09:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd
Typical figures:

1 day: £400
1/2 day: £250

H&S policy: £600

Hourly rate: £50

Site inspection (with report and photos): £100 plus expenses

Annual retainer fee: £500

Remember that the Management Regs say that the competent person should preferably come from within the organisation.

Regards,

Karen