Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2004 02:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gareth Smith would it be possible for someone to infom me if there is still actually in existance, a place,company or website that a company can approach, and basically blacklist a person, to hinder them obtaining prospective work. Background on me, I am currently in the middle of a tribunal adjournment, my previous company breached so many HSWA 1974 regs, PUWER regs, LOLER REGS, these are too numerous to mention. i have now been out of work since may of last year, i am currently doing the NEBOSH (NGC) and hoping to diversify in this area once this is gained. my past career is totally umblemished, my CV is fantastic, but i am still unable to obtain even part time work until i gain this qualification. I need to know, if companies can still centrally blacklist your name for future employment, and where would this info be stored. if any companies could do a employment check on me i would be very grateful to learn of the outcome, and my next step or advice. all info provided, i will be most grateful, and if a company would do this check for me, if you e-mail me direct i will submit my personal details. many thanks in advance. Gareth
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2004 08:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Gareth, I remember a case being on TV and radio where a woman applied for a job as a Marketing Director but there was a man already in the job. She took the company (and the well known management consultancy the company had used for recruitment) to a tribunal and won. She got £20,000 and she spoke on TV and radio about it. I do not fancy her chances of getting another job. What I am saying is keep a low profile. I don't know if there is a central site where you can look up if someone has been involved in an industrial tribunal, but I'm sure the info is readily available in the public domain because the press frequently publish the outcome of tribunals. Regards, Karen