Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2004 11:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By CarlW My organisation are moving from leased Company Cars provided for individual employees by the company, to a cash opt-out where the individual provides their own vehicle for use on company business. This is raising concerns about liability for maintaining and insuring the vehicles for business use. I would like to hear from anyone who has looked at this subject and found a case for or against opting out of such schemes.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2004 13:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Mathews Depends on how much cash is on offer for the buy-out, i.e. is it a buy-out or is it robbery. Cash on the salary, in my opinion, has to be better if it is at the right level. The maintenance and insurance of the vehicle would be down to the owner though.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2004 13:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryan Weatherill Be wary of the following - Implications from PUWER, is the vehicle work equipment?? implications from the RTA, the driver is repsonsible for the 'safety' of the vehicle that they are driving. For the former we have a standardised form that lists - driving licence - insurance ceriticate, indicating business use - MOT, that is current. The form is completed with original documents seen, and copied, then signed by the driver, with a statement at the bottom to the effect the any amendments to the former documentation will noted to the company. This of course only applies when the vehicle is being used on company business, sounds silly to so it but does not apply to / fro from home to work - hope that this helps - Bryan