Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2004 14:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gary May My Authority is currently working on developing a programme of using 4x4 quad bikes in the town centres, to apply brine to the footpaths (i know winter is nearly over before i get the friday clever remarks) - this will start in the next winter period. We are training our riders (thanks to Birmingham CC for help) - and will start trials to test the system in the next few weeks following the riders being assessed and competent. I am looking for examples of risk assessments already undertaken - in relation to the use of 4x4 bikes in the built environment (e.g footpaths)- I have my own ideas but want to ask for further support.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 February 2004 16:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Grey Depends if you have Ozzy Osbourne is working with you? Only joking, I may have some details I can forward to you for previous assessment of grounds maintenance workers on quad bikes.