Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2004 13:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By CarlW
I have been asked to prepare a report on the cost of accidents in our workplace. Apart from the very useful HSE information, could anybody recommend a system to use or a software solution for calculating these costs following each incident?

Thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2004 16:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Hurst
Hi

I'm also looking for some info along these lines. I've trawled around the internet to see what's available, but all I could find was the HSE's very good, but very comprehensive calculator.
I've produced a very rough guesstimate for our operation, which provides multipliers of 1x for an incident, 2x for a minor injury and 10x for a reportable injury.
As I said, these are very rough figures for uninsured costs, but do provide a picture for Managers, etc.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2004 09:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Holliday
I use, on a monthly basis the calculaton in INDG 33, method 3. (Available free on HSE website).

It is very simplistic but serves as a rough guide to demonstrate to management that accidents have an effect on the bottom line.

Steve
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2004 10:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew I. Butler
Good Morning Carl

If you can give me your email address I will forward to you an electronic system which may prove useful.

Regards

AIB