Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2004 11:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond I am not sure whether I am being OTT if I ask our care home managers to keep records of PAT tests. Or is it OK to rely on the PAT sticker on each plug as an adequate record? On the one hand I want people to be thorough with their records. On the other hand, I don't like over-burdening people with paperwork that may be OTT or unnecessary. Any thoughts? If you think they should keep a separate record of each test, what information should be recorded as a minimum?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2004 12:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bev Hi Nigel, After our PAT test man comes round, he sends us a print out of all the items he has tested. It's not many pages for us and is just in the form of a long list of the item number, brief description, date tested and ok. I keep this in a file where I keep other test certs, so it is not onerous to hang on to the stuff. I think it's important to keep a separate record, in case of an incident or a fire, so you can prove that it had been tested. However, I would not have thought it necessary to keep a detailed record like a certificate for each item, just a list and that the item is safe should be adequate. Hope this helps. Best wishes
Admin  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2004 19:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Uren Nigel Keeping a record I would think is a good management control. However if your testing is being done by an outside company then they should be providing you with details Chris
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 March 2004 21:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David J Bristow Nigel Any documentation that provides evidence that you are undertaking your Health and Safety responsibilities properly must be for the good of the organisation that you work for. In addition, the test results can form part of your asset register. Hope this helps. Regards David B
Admin  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2004 13:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond Hi Folks Many thanks for your replies. I like this forum. People are so helpful! Regards Nigel