Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 March 2004 13:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jonathan Breeze
Having decided about a month ago that our existing procedure for controlling contractors was 'a bit weak', I'm now about to commence a full review of the procedure.

Does anyone out there have a sample procedure that they are willing to let me take a look at?

Thanks in advance,

Jon.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 March 2004 14:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Gordon
Jonathan
What are your current procedures ?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 March 2004 15:44:00(UTC)
Admin

I have mailed you direct.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2004 08:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Gordon
Jon
Better late than never, check your mail.

regards

Andy Gordon
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2004 10:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Oliver
Jonathon,

I was in your position about 8 months ago and have now almost a complete safety managemnt system in place. (that is obviously strving for continuous improvement)
One of the main areas that i have concentrated on is Contractor Competence. i am unable to mail a copy of my appraisal form to you, but if you mail me direct i will reply forthwith.

cheers

paul
Admin  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2004 10:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By A. Neal Robertson
Jonathan, there are some control of contractor forms on the downloads page of www.borders-safety.com . You are welcome to download and play about with them - may be of use.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2004 10:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Sorry about that Paul, I had thought that I recieved all the replies I was going to get so I altered my settings to avoid receiving Spam.

I'll contact you direct.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 11 March 2004 10:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Just to clarify folks, the areas I want to focus on are contractor competence and communication between contractors & site management.