Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2004 11:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ann Hacon I am trying to create a pool of information (for training purposes) on the above in local authority. The scenarios I am most interested in would typically involve home visits to members of the public to provide a service and any kind of enforcement work on client premises. I realise that you can't identify any individuals but any outlines of case studies would be very useful. Many thanks Ann Hacon
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2004 22:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Edward Partington Ann if you send me your postal address then I can furnish you with a copy of the LB of Wandsworth's joint report concerning the "treatment of Antony Josepth" this report relates to the death of a social worker by this man... Also we have a very good policy - guidance looking at violence and aggression. David.Partington@southwark.gov.uk Regards David.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2004 08:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Homer Thi sparks of a recent Dip2 case study exam question from December 2003. Why don't you contact them as I am sure they wil have all the info you need.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2004 09:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan Ann Not all in great detail but the HSE violence section has case studies and NHS zero tolerance web site provide ready information relating to social care etc type situations. From a personal perspective, I found talking to staff from various departments in advance of conflict and aggression training sessions brought a lot of relevent and previously unreported information to light. It also put the situation in a local context for staff. Fiona
Admin  
#5 Posted : 09 March 2004 09:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jonathan Breeze Ann, I prepared a leaflet for a similar training event at my organisation, which I will forward to you. Hope it helps Jon
Admin  
#6 Posted : 07 April 2004 08:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Parfrey Hi Ann, I am the training manager for Complete Intervention Training. We provide training in the management of Challenging Behaviour. If you want more info please feel free to contact me on 01926 887776 or mobile 07977 131 036. Alan Parfrey