Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2004 13:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Amy Upton We are currently in the process of closing the site in which we work Does anyone have any useful procedures or guidlines from previous experiences that may help us add to our growing procedures And yes we are looking for new jobs so any offers welcome !
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2004 14:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alec Wood Hi Amy, looks like you're in the same boat as myself. I am concentrating my efforts in three main areas 1. Trying to keep the current procedures in force - the "it doesn't matter anymore" attitude is quite prevalent 2. Specific risk assessments for dismantling and decommisioning of equipment. These, and any other 'extraordinary works', need seperate risk assessment before commencement, safe systems of working etc etc. 3. What is going to be left behind? I am formulating advice to my company now about the requirements for the machinery and plant we will leave. Advice gained in my previous thread indicates we should consider ourselves as second-hand equipment suppliers to the people who will buy the site from us and deal with this equipment as if I was a second hand machinery dealer. As someone reminded me in my previous thread on this subject, don't forget the environmental impacts. Disclosure of contaminated land, residual chemical left in storage vessels etc. Good luck in your job hunt Alec Wood