Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2004 14:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Murray S Graham My Building Services department has just puchased a 2 Ton Pallet Truck (HPT). Does it require a EC declaration of Conformity and should the supplier have sent it with the HPT. I apologise if this question sounds really basic, but better to be safe than sorry. Many thanks for any advice you can give. Aye Murray Graham
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 April 2004 11:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt It does not sound as though this equipment would fall into any of the exemptions, so I am inclined to agree with you. If not a CE Declaration, I would at least expect to see some form of proof that it has been tested and found adequate to bear the loads it is designed for. Jane
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2004 11:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Murray S Graham Jane, Thanks for your responce mate, at least I know I'm on the right track now. Aye Murray
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 April 2004 11:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Murray, It needs a certificate of Thorough Examination before it gets put into service. We bought a new order picker and the certificate came with it. Karen
Admin  
#5 Posted : 07 April 2004 14:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Murray S Graham Once again very many thanks to both of you for your advice. I now have resolved the problem, the company that supplied us with the Pallet Truck has now acknowledged their oversight and are sending the required paperwork to me in the post. Aye Murray