Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2004 09:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lesley Hibberson
ORR appears to be raising its head pretty significantly recently. Does anybody know of any training courses available to enable me to deliver training on ORR? I cannot seem to find any...

I am based in Derbyshire, but willing to travel SOME distance.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2004 09:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan
Have you tried the new Occupational Road Safty Asscoaition web site. wwww.orsa.org.uk

Regards
Fiona
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2004 14:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Claire Coen
Lesley,

I have sent my message direct to your email address.

Regards

Claire
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 April 2004 14:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Jarman
Lesley,

As far as I am aware, anyone wishing to offer driver training must be an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI), you may wish to contact the Driving Standards Agency (www.dsa.gov.uk) for confirmation.

Regards

Mark
Admin  
#5 Posted : 16 April 2004 15:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lesley Hibberson
Sorry Mark, I didn't post my request clearly enough. It was for delivering training on the management of ORR not driver training.

Lesley
Admin  
#6 Posted : 16 April 2004 17:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Derek Rooney MIOSH MIIRSM
Hi you should consider the RAC group, BSM is a part of the RAC group and they have recently devised a package inconjunction with RAC to help companies Manage Occupational Road Risk. Unfortunately i don't have the contact number to hand however i'm sure you can find details on their web

www.rac.co.uk