Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2004 09:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan Does anyone have any experience of or able to direct me towards material which would aid compiling a training programme for music tutors to a young musicians association in risk assessment and basic, but relevent, health and safety awareness. BBC and Musicians Union material seems more directed at perfromers and those setting up events. I have included the usual suspects of Noise, electricity, slips and trips, moving and handling, stress inc performance nerves, RSI. Any assistance much appreciated Fiona
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2004 12:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Emma Brown Fiona I have just had a look at the following document on ananova which you may want to consider: http://www.ananova.com/n....html?menu=news.quirkies There is also the problem of working in very small spaces. Often back rooms are used for lessons and practice. These rooms often contain other instruments that may cause additional hazards, especially if they are poorly stacked or stored. Hope that this helps Emma
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2004 13:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kieran Duignan Fiona Are you simply referring to instrumentalists or do you also mean singers? If you include singers, I have done ergonomic research on hazards to voices and would be glad to look them up. You can also visit the website of the British Voice Association.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 April 2004 14:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan Thanks Emma - I think Fiona