Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2004 10:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gary May Following a fire in an annex to a boiler house in a public building, im seeking advise on the best method to deodorise the building and contents.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2004 16:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Louise Ward Hi Gary In a previous job I remember the air conditioning engineers having a wonderful substance called 'Mask'. It was basically a perfumed liquid (various scents available ) which they placed in a large container in front of a powerful electric fan. It was amazing stuff. We used it to cover the smell from a broken soil pipe, epoxy floor paint, ammonia leaking from a damaged refrigerator and various other 'nasties'. It did seem to have an immediate effect and may be of use to you. I got the impression that it was a well established system for deodorising and I guess that your own (or any large air con) contractor should be able to provide details. Hope this is of use. Louise
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 April 2004 09:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor The former London Salvage Corps used to provide this service after fires. [An early victim of cuts in the fire service]. Perhaps your local fire authority could suggest a suitable substance?