Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2004 14:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Brough
We are currently developing stress assessments/policy and I am struggling to find an example anywhere. Is there anybody out there with a good example of this or a resource were I could obtain one from. Also, should the RA's be conducted anonymously or is it best practice to place the names of each employee (bearing in mind the Data Protection Act) on the RA's to establish individual's problems,thereby concentrating resources to solve them. Any help reagrding this matter is appreciated. Ian
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2004 15:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deborah Armstrong
Hi Ian

I too have been attempting to gain more knowledge on the issue of Stress Management in the Workplace and have found the internet a great source of information.

You can refer to the HSE Website which contains information on their stress pilot scheme-assessment tools are available for you to use:
www.hse.gov.uk/stress/stresspilot/index.htm

Also there are many Training Organisations offering OCR Diplomas in Stress Management-Training the Trainers-usually a six day course-again refer to the internet for course providers near you.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Deborah Armstrong
Northern Ireland

Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2004 16:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser
There is an excellent resource co-developed by Health Education Baord for Scotland (HEBS - now NHSScotland) and the Health and Safety Authority of RoI (HSA), called "Work Positive - prioritising organisational stress".

I am unsure what the availability would be, but here is the weblink to the HEBS site regarding the development of the tool:

http://www.hebs.scot.nhs...93&catnav=1&connav=0#top

I think if you wanted a copy you need to contact the head office in Edinburgh - I'm not sure if it will find it's way south of the border though!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 April 2004 16:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kieran Duignan
Ian

After about 17 years' experience of working with employers in diverse industries about stress management, may I suggest that you distinguish between what is involved in stating a policy on stress management and how you implement it.

You can have a valid, clear and simple policy to identify and control levels of stress that is sufficient to serve as guidance for managers and staff of the policy goals.

Implementing this may required different kinds of tools for different kinds of jobs. The tools Deborah Armstrong referred to are valuable but the generic risk assessment principle that risk levels should be compared to industry standards as closely as possible is also useful to bear in mind.