Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2004 23:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colan Ash
My company is moving to desk sharing/hot desking. Can anyone offer advice on the key issues and actions we can take to facilitate this. Also does anyone have a simple guidance sheet for managers/staff for this?
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2004 10:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Johnston
Hey Colan,

If you are anywhere near Edinburgh on 13 May, you could attend the IOSH Edinburgh branch meeting which has a guest speaker Marilyn McDonald, West of Scotland Clerical Branch of the Communication Workers Union. She will be speaking on DSE: Working in New Environments: Hot Desking; Home Working; New DSE ACoP

Not sure if this is what you reqire, but I hope it helps.

Best regards,

John
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2004 07:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gavin
I do not have any guidance, but would stress the need for compliant adjustable furniture. Each user should be able to customise the setup for themselves. You did not mention how long each user would use the desk, or if they would use a desktop or laptop pc, but these are all factors in the assessment.