Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2004 14:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Little Helper Hi all I am wishing to further develop my training skills, and want to get involved in Manual Handling training externally as a consultant. 1)Who are the best providers?. (especially when dealing with moving and handling people) 2)What is the best Price approx?. 3)Which certification bodies are respected by companies who wish there staff to be trained?. Thanks all
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2004 14:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Little Helper I have already looked at ROSPRA prices which at £900 + I will find hard to afford. Is there anywhere cheaper?. Does anyone know what the IOSH price is for this course is?.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2004 15:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip Roberts Little Helper, I did a course with National Training Services about four years ago and it was excellent. At the time it was the cheapest I could find, approximatly half the ROSPA cost. Their contact is Trevor Wagland, telephone number 01604 472277 good luck with your search Phil Roberts
Admin  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2004 07:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kieran Duignan You might find it useful to consider courses offered by ergonomists who provide manual handling training, as they should be able to help you think through the variety of factors to balance. (sorry for the pun). If you can find a course with certification from a registered ergonomist/registered safety practitioner, that should fit the bill. You should be able to find a suitable list on the website of The Ergonomics Society, www.ergonomics.org.uk