Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2004 21:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PaulA Please could anyone recommend a Database that will allow for the compliance of the CAWR Regs. I know there are a few on the market but I would like some advice perhaps from people who are actually using them rather than just selling them.. Incidentally.. Does anyone have a soft copy of a type 2 or 3 survey to have a look at please. Thank you PaulA
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 May 2004 18:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murgatroyd http://www.xaracon.com/
Admin  
#3 Posted : 23 May 2004 10:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve99Jones Hi Paul, We recently purchased a management database called AsbestosPLAN it was advertised in this months SHP. It seems fine, easy to use and the information is easily updated. We are using it to help manage our surveys and they also gave us a template for asbestos survey reposrts. From talking with their sales staff I understand that they are in the process of producing a handheld survey software for use on site which links into AsbestosPLAN. I hope this helps, have a look at www.safetyservicesdirect.com Steve Ps I aplgise 4 mi spelin!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 May 2004 10:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PaulA Steve and John .. Thank you both very much for your advice, I have bought the Safety Services asbestosPLAN as recommended by Steve and other emails. Once again thank you for taking the time to answer my thread Regards PaulA
Admin  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2004 12:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert S Woods Try this web address http://www.asbestos-software.co.uk/ the company that provides it is called Birstalls. It's supposed to be very good. Robert Woods
Admin  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2004 15:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin West The company I work for also provides a web based database of asbestos survey results and risk assessment (the asbestos register). The web based database has the advantage of remote accessibility to a controlled central data source. Particularly useful for managers in charge of many sites thruoghout the UK or Europe. The database can be searched by site name, postcode or even recommendations given. Thus, if the manager wishes to see all the areas of all their sites where it has been recommended that removal takes place for example, then a simple and quick search enables this. For more details feel free to contact me. Kev