Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2004 17:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Derek Rooney MIOSH MIIRSM Hi Guys As the Health & Safety "GUY" for our company i have been asked to come up with a projected 3 year plan based on assumptions (remember RA, never assume or pressume), possible investment required, risk to the business & of course any organisational implications. I don't even know where to start I've been trying to find what potential changes in legislation are coming up in the next few years, but can't find much - only the ones that are broadly publicised such as noise levels being reduced etc. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated many thanks Dez
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2004 17:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Derek The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order will change the fire safety legislation completely to a risk assessment approach but only you will be able to say how much of an impact on your business. They are hoping that it will take effect in April next year, I think. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2004 19:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Cartwright Have they given you any other guidelines. Remember you should never assume, because it can make an ass out of u and me. I have heard that RIDDOR is about to be reviewed, changes to the noise at work regs come into force in 06. You don't say what your company does.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2004 20:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Raymond Rapp Derek It is a bit vague and surely a 3 year plan is not soley dependant on regulation changes. What about industry best practice and benchmarking? Perhaps the next trend in health and safety is identifying underlying causes of accidents and incidents and trying to eliminate them. Therefore you could consider ergonomics and behavouril safety. OK they have been around for a while. But this could then lead on to better training and supervision for employees. The moral of the story is don't be a follower but rather a leader. Regards Ray
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 June 2004 09:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Derek Rooney MIOSH MIIRSM Thanks for your help guys.