Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2004 15:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By duncan abbott Can anybody tell me if they are using DSE or other risk assessment tyep software that avoids discriminating against disabled employees? That is the software offers alternative ways of information presentation for those with a sensory, cognitive or physical impairment. If not, what alternative systems do you use? Thanks Duncan Abbott
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2004 16:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Debbie Rose We use a DSE e learning training and risk assessment package. If anyone is unable to use it for what ever reason then I as a DSE Assessor would be requested by their Manager to go and see them personally. I would suggest this is not discriminating. Up to now I have not received a request unless it is due to a high number of concerns that would be highlighted on the software.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2004 16:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By duncan abbott It's the actual interaction I am interested in, and whether any software exists that offers the presentation of information in alternative formats. If the DSE software is predominantly visual a visually impaired person can be discriminated against. Equally those that use video segments and rely on audio can discriminate against those with a hearing impairment. The list goes on and on ... ... but to reiterate my point, that is, I am interested to know if anybody uses software that can be configured for use by those with an impairment. Thanks Duncan