Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2004 18:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter
Not only have we been savaged by Jer**y Clar***n but NEBOSH has just been mentioned in a dedication on Radio 2 Drivetime (although they had no idea what the acronym stands for).

Paul
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2004 19:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brett Day

Well, sometime in the future we will all be wearing a one piece suit that filters out bright light, UV, IR anything else with an ancronym for it, it will have self activating airbags, will filter out all taste, fats, sugars ensuring we have a balanced diet, it will have an onboard computer that incorporates a legal exec to protect the wearer from any spurious law suits.

Me Cynical ??

Sorry, but at the risk of re-opening an old argument I think we are not getting good publicity as so many 'safety' stories are actually bans & restrictions placed not for safeties sake, but for protection from litigation. The 'safety' tag is just a conveniant excuse to justify the nonsensical.

Brett

Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2004 09:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ed Carter
What d'you mean "sometime in the future"??
If you haven't yet got yours, I suggest you rush to the B**ls**t store as they are selling out fast!!
Ed
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 June 2004 10:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Raymond Rapp
Who knows? But health and safety does appear to be getting a bad name embroiled that it is in the 'blame and claim' culture, which incidentally is driven by parasitical solicitors.

I think many of the problems stem from the fact that there are too many people getting involved in health and safety that do not fully understand or appreciate the concepts.
Just last night I was talking to a friend who is a safety officer and he said that he got a phone call from a foreman at work telling hime that two 'fresh faced' HSE Inspectors had turned up. They had left before the safety officer arrived but the Inspectors had found nothing wrong. The safety officer gasped and said 'who the bloody hell put that scaffolding up' and condemened it poste haste! I rest my case.

Regards

Ray
Admin  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2004 14:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson
Paul

What was the song?

Nick
Admin  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2004 21:01:00(UTC)
Admin