Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2004 09:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Petrie We are currently looking at installing MIP lifts at one of our stations however an issue has been raised with the platform width. I was wondering if there are any disabled organisations I can contact to discuss the issue further. Any suggestions would be welcome. Andy
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2004 11:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. Andy Contact this centre they should be able to help you all your disability queries William Merritt Disabled Living and Mobility Centre, St. Mary's Hospital Green Hill Road Armley Leeds LS12 3QE, Tel: 0113 305 5288 Fax: 0113 231 9291 Hope this helps. Keith
Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2004 14:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould Immediatly outside the lift there should be a unobstructed space of at least 1500mm by 1500mm for a wheelchair user to turn. It is also reccomended but not by part M the floor could be of a texture and contrasting colour to aid partially sighted people to Identify the lift location. I may be able to find more info if you wish. ust let me know.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2004 23:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David J Bristow Hello Andy Try contacting Howard Whitehead at CAE (Centre for Accessible Environments - www.cae.org.uk )on Tel 020 7357 8182. The Organisation is based in London and will be able to give you the correct information you require. Kind regards David B ps - Dont refer to Howard's Organsiation as Disabled!