Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2004 10:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tom Lindley
Would very much appreciate it if someone could send me examples as I am reviewing our procedures - exalmples to include Cantractors and also Planning Supervisor / Designers etc. if possible.

Much obliged - please e-mail to me at tom.lindley@tarmac.co.uk
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2004 17:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy
Tom

A joint working group consisting of the Major Contractors Group, Construction Industry Council, CHAS, the Construction Confederation, University of Loughborough and Foster and Partners have just concluded their work on defining the health and safety prequalification standards for designers. (HSE are also involved). There is still a little bit of work to do on them and we then propose to trial the standards with a small number of designers.

The standards will be made available under copyright to any organisation such as yourself so that we can assess to a single, national prequalification standard. This is not likely to be until October though

Once I have the final draft standards I intend to develop an appropriate questionnaire liasing with SafeContractor, SHEQual and others. If you are prepared to wait for this I will share it with you when it is completed.

The standards used by CHAS for contractor prequalification and relevant questionnaires are freely available from the CHAS web site (www.chas.gov.uk), Used by more than 150 organisations they are widely accepted as satisfactory and fit for the purpose. If anyone adopts or adapts them they must please ensure they acknowledge CHAS as the original source and copyright holder. (Have you considered joining CHAS as a member)?

Hope this is of help.

John

I suspect others may be interested in having sight of these standards. If you would like to e-mail me and I will add you to a global e-mail that I can usde to "keep you in the loop".
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2004 17:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion
I have something that may assist for self assessment.

Send e-mail direct
JM