Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2004 12:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Darryl
Hello all.
At present our factory is open plan with no doors as such,this helps with airflow as it is a hot enviroment. There are wide entry exit points were everyone and FLT gain access ect, but no doors which can be shut for security. There are people working nights aswell from Mon - Fri. The area is a very quiet rural area, with only a handful of locals living nearby. I believe the company requires doors to prevent unauthorised access, but trying to educate management is a uphill struggle. Has anyone got any information i could use to back me up. Thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 June 2004 12:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Hunter
Try a Google search under Occupier's Liability? Amongst others, will lead you to sitelines .co.uk ,which has a good newsletter.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 June 2004 20:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Thomas
Sounds like it is almost worthwhile finding a few lads to break in - only joking, honest!
I would have thought the company's insurer would have wanted some form of security system for the building and not to have it means that anyone can walk in front of an FLT.
Selling Safety isn't a NEBOSH subject but perhaps it should be. It's like trying to sell a 50p Easter Egg for £50. Many H&S officers have difficulty in getting board approval for any form of expenditure - until there is an incident.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2004 11:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By K Wardale
Hi Darryl,

If you have not managed to solve your dilemma yet. You could try contacting your local Crime Prevention Officer who will be able to give you some useful statistics i.e. crime figures which you can use to persuade management. You could also contact one of the many security firms out there (I've used ATM in the past) who will come and do a no obligations quotation on improving your security.

Good Luck,

Kelly