Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2004 12:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Zoe Barnett
Can anyone please advise me as to the relationship between a CCF and a school (in this case a public school)? I am told that the CCF is run independently of the school although it seems to have been solely for students of that school and no other. I think that the relationship is similar to that between a school and a work experience provider and therefore the school should have been checking the safety arrangements for CCF activities before allowing its students to participate. Can anyone please confirm this for me?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2004 12:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By james mackie
Zoe

I believe that all cadets come under The RFCA, reserve forces and cadet association. I would check with your local area branch to confirm if CCF is also under the same umbrella.

I know of some cadets divisions (local to me) that have full time safety advisors (such is the world now). They carry out risk assessments on every activity that the cadets attend.

good luck

Jim
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 June 2004 18:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Pope
Zoe,

A few of my customers have this scenario, the buildings even belong to the MoD. I have recently seen very comprehensive risk assessments carried out by the "commandant" of the cadets which confirms to me that the school accepts the loco parentis role both on site and off site in accordance with the latest DfES guidance.