Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2004 15:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Craven I have agreed to do a presentation on risk assessment to a number of local voluntary groups. I know what I want to say about RA, but am looking to get hold of a number of statistics that might answer the initial question, "Why should we bother anyway?" Have general stats for deaths, RIDDORS, ill-health AT WORK, but am looking for some figures on numbers of people killed or injured at carnivals, village fetes, fairgrounds, organised bonfire/firework displays, sports club outings, motorbike shows, etc. Any ideas please? Mike
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2004 16:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sally Barlow Mike A bit on fairgrounds here but I don,t know about anythign else. Most of other HSE catergories aren't specific enough. http://www.hse.gov.uk/ed...on/statistics.htm#injury Sally
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2004 16:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Victor Meldrew Mike You might want to contact the Association of Exhibition Organisers. They might be able to help, or at least know a 'man who can'. Website is as follow: http://www.aeo.org.uk/pa...ink=134/t=m/goSection=29
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2004 22:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chas. Mc Breen Mike, Why don't you give RoSPA a call. They keep these kind of stats, paticluarly home safety info. Chas. Mc Breen
Admin  
#5 Posted : 07 July 2004 12:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Phil Grace Sorry for late response - only just spotted query. Most useful source was repeat was the Home & Leisure Accident Report published by DTI - downloadable from web. This took data from admissions at A&E depts of selected hospitals to calculate possible numbers of incidents nation wide. No "incidence data" since no info on how many people undertaking activity. However, report is no longer published!