Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2004 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By russell calderwood Colleagues IOSH Chat Forums receive an excellent number of 'feedbacks', which I know has helped me gather a better understanding of many H&S issues, + offered a few diverse opinions on 'related' subjects. The value of the IOSH 'chat' forum(s), are the openness of communications / learning / helping - benefits, which are open to one and all on an equitable basis. Even if somebody offers a contrary view - I am willing to listen / read and learn from their views. I may well still disagree, but then it is my, and I repeat - my, problem, how to convince them of the validity of my view. And hopefully, we will reach a consensus - otherwise democracy rules and the majority vote counts. I hardly ever contribute - I find i do not need to because so many valuable and excellent views are tendered. Why am I contributing now - because I value greatly - all the contributions; thus I am offering a vote of thanks, from the silent majority, to you all. Best regards Russell Calderwood 'Health to the Fore and through Safety comes Quality'
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2004 07:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Russell, Couldn't agree with you more. I add my own thanks to those who have provided us with this forum and to those who use it for the purposes to which it was intended. It continues to help me learn and I value some of the in-depth discussions on various topics that break out of narrow viewpoints and explore issues more broadly. I would add one comment though - sometimes topics break away from the original question and go down alternate routes. This can detract from the initial intention of the one who first posted. in these cases, would it be unreasonable to ask if posters consider their response in advance and if it seems to deviate from the main theme, post a new topic as a follow-up?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 July 2004 10:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By russell calderwood Sean Reference - "deviations" from the main topic / theme I quite agree this can be distracting and hopefully - responders - will be understanding, & initiate a new thread. I would also add that it would help if responders checked their spelling, etc; BUT having said that, I may well now be caught out myself!!!!! Russell