Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2004 15:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deborah Burkmar I am currently trying to formalize our Health & Safety Policy and associated documentation. This is the only company I have worked for in a health and safety capacity so although I have gathered much information from HSE publications and the internet, I am working from scratch without the benefit of experiencing any other company's manuals or systems. It would be much appreciated if a kind person could let me have sight of perhaps the index for their health and safety management system (particularly if working with an ISO/BS integrated system) or anything else that may help.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2004 15:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Deborah, Just so happens someone asked a similar question very recently - the responses there might help, especially the Fife Chamber of Safety link - see message: http://www.iosh.co.uk/in...rum=1&thread=8475&page=1 Just copy past in your browser although it is still in page 1 as "Safety Management System" posted by David Cairns
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2004 15:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Also, you might find the following websites useful: http://sbsf.scos.org.uk/ Scottish Borders Safety Forum - have a lot of useful downloads on it, or http://www.groveservices.co.uk/ Grove Services - they also have some excellent materials. Hope these prove useful
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2004 15:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deborah Burkmar Sean, What I would find really helpful is to see how other businesses handle all the documentation for their health and safety management system - real companies who have to deal with the day to day practicalities of business - rather than the general and idealised information you find on websites. The Policy Statement is already drawn up with statement of commitment, responsibilities, organisation and arrangements and this is readily available to all staff at induction and thereafter. The challenge is to how to produce and layout the "second tier" manual which would include specific policies, procedures, standard forms. I need to produce a system that is easily referenced and user friendly to encourage all levels of staff to refer to it. Any assistance would be gratefully received. Deborah