Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2004 10:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeremy Bacon We are looking to carry out some air monitoring for dust and welding fume. Can anyone recommend a company local to the Sheffield area who undertake this kind of work. Alternatively can anyone recommend a company who will hire out the relevant equipment and undertake analysis of the resulting samples? Jeremy
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2004 10:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Jeremy As an occupational hygienist as well as a safety adviser, I could help with your air monitoring but I am not in your local area; contact me off list if you would like to discuss your requirements. If you intend to carry out air monitoring yourselves, you must ensure that the person carrying out the monitoring is competent to do it. Darwin Hire should be able to provide the necessary equipment; they are part of Casella and are contactable on 01234 847706. I use RPS Labs for my analysis; their number is 0161 872 2443. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2004 14:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Harvey Jeremy - Have you tried the Health & Safety Laboratory, Broad Lane, Sheffield? I recently received from them a batch of promotional material about their occupational hygiene measurement services, so it looks like they're having a bit of a sales drive.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2004 23:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Johnson Jeremy Have a look at this site http://www.eefshe.co.uk/...ion=detail&consult_id=45 It is a company in Sheffield who undertake this type of work. Alan