Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2004 16:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff O'Donnell
Anyone know if there are legal timescales that documentation such as Access To Work / Permit To Work forms need to be kept for or is it descretionary?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2004 10:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Longworth
There aren't any legal requirements as far as I know but we keep them for 3 years in line with the record keeping requirements of RIDDOR
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2004 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff O'Donnell
Thanks Peter
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2004 10:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond
I started a thread on archiving H&S documents on 04 June 2003. If you search for this you may find some interesting responses.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 15 July 2004 11:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By George Wedgwood
To protect you longer term, I am familiar with a clear policy that all safety related documentation should be kept for the life of the undertaking or part of it concerned. If asbestos was involved (or some other substance not so obvious) then every piece of paper involved with managing the work surrounding the alleged incident or incidents, may be very useful in substantiating your safe system of work. I have know cases for plaintiffs go on for much longer than 3 years so that would hardly be long enough. Best keep it all in a managed archive for peace of mind! Regards, George