Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 July 2004 10:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Longworth Hello everybody I know that there is no statutory requirement for this but I was wondering if anyone knew of any industry standards that cover the frequency inspection of racking in stores areas.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2004 12:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Taylor Peter try www.sess.co.uk they do annual inspections for us and I am sure they have guidelines - SEMA - will also have guidelines regards MT
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 July 2004 13:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Lunn Peter, We inspect our racking every quarter and have found this to be adequate and rarely find any problems. We have got all the protection devices etc, and have given training and refreshers to drivers however, every now and again there are accidents so we introduced a "no blame" culture where any damage is reported immediately with no consequences for the driver and the appropriate action is taken on the racking within the day. We feel it is better to know of any damage sooner rather than finding it on an inspection. Richard
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2004 15:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gordon Thelwell Hello Peter, Try: www.therackgroup.com Go onto their forum and leave a message. As well as that, they have free Racking Inspection/Warehouse Safety Documents you can download. Good luck.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 July 2004 00:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mork try searching this forum for "racking"