Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2004 16:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By CHRISTOPHER HAYWARD
This has been set up by the Treasury to examine the regulatory burden placed on business. As part of this they have been sending out questionnaires to businesses seeking information on enforcement / advice provision by HSE, Environment Agency , Local Authorities, Foods Standards Agency etc.

I suspect Gordon Brown plans to use this to do some pruning (I think you know what I mean).

Therefore:

1. Is IOSH making a submission (if it is appropriate for them to do so)?
2. Have many companies represented on here been approached?
3. I am not sure that this is intended to be a free for all consultation excercise but all the memembers in our trade association have been forwarded with the questionnaire and the closing date for submissions is 15/9/2004.

You can find out more on the Treasury web site under Hampton Review and I have the questionnaire which if nothing else would make a useful companion to any H&S course module covering enforcement.

Cheers

Chris
MIOSH MIIRSM and other stuff.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2004 16:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman
Wasn't it nice of them to send this questionaire out right at the start of the holiday season, when we all have so much leisure time available and so that we can get it back to them just as soon as our holiday is over