Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2004 10:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Melanie Torrance
Is anyone else on here an HSE Inspector or a LA Authorised Officer? I have just started a new job as a Local Authority Authorised Officer and would like to make contact with others in the same role.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 July 2004 12:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lorna Morris
Melanie
Although I now work in an advisory role in local government, I still consider myself to be an Environmental Health Practitioner (the 11 years in enforcement gave me stacks of experience together with a wish never to go back!. I've found only a few of my fellow EHPs in IOSH & you may have more luck with the CIEH. However, I suggest you join your local Public Services Group as that is where the HSE/EHOs are more likely to be.

Lorna
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 July 2004 17:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Ayee
Melanie

I have worked as an LA H&S inspector for about 12 1/2 years (not an EHO) and since 1998 I have had a dual role (enforcement & corporate safety). I also now deal with enforcement of the Safety of Sport Grounds Act 1975.

I have e-mailed you my contact details.

Regards

Simon