Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2004 16:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott Your help please colleagues - before I shell out on the LPGA's guidance documents. Can anyone give me a summary of the siting requirements for an autogas tank. I am aware that DSEAR wil apply but need to be able to give some specifics to inform a project that is on the drawing board. Many thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2004 17:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion You will need to advise how much where you need to store as Code of practice Number 7 2004 edition mentions the following outdoor storage, roof top storage, storage in sepcially designed buildings, storage in speciallu designed stoarge areas within a building, storage in cabinets and cupboards. JM
Admin  
#3 Posted : 23 July 2004 09:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Carrier Good day Bill HSE produce a free leaflet "Use of LPG in small bulk tanks" that may be of use to you. http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/chis4.pdf Simon
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2004 11:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott Jeff - sorry - missed that bit out - the tank is to be sited in the open air as part of a larger vehicle compound, office and workshop complex. With regard to capacity of tank this is unknown as yet - but I do not think the word "small" will cover it. Sorry to be so vague.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2004 12:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion There are many questions that will require clairification. We have the COP you should consider that the purchase of this document will be money well spent. Regards Jeff Manion