Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2004 13:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould Richard what is that little guy called on Dungens and Dragons cartoon cos I am reminded of him? :):)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2004 13:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould I think i am going to get a ticking now so make my appollogies in advance.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2004 01:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Spencer Jason Don’t flatter yourself, I am not insulted by your innuendo and attempts to degrade my commentary. You can cross swords with me anytime metaphorically speaking, but let it be in good humour and not the dagger of sarcasm. If you seek to aspire to being a literary swords person then may I suggest a little more practice? Quote: “You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty”. Sacha Guitry (1885 - 1957) Richard
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 July 2004 01:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Spencer "...Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit..." Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 July 2004 02:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould Richard 1. Firstly I recognised that my first posting may wrongly be taken wrongly as an insult so I then proceeded to state apologies in second and if you were observent enough you would have noticed some little smiley faces suggesting a sort of jest. 2. The Dungeon Master was meant to imply that for some reason I have difficulty understanding what the end result of your postings are meant to mean and seem to sit there gawping at the screen wondering what the subject was all about a bit like in the cartoon when the characters are given the next puzzle. So that to me is more of a mockery of myself rather than you, unless you are 2ft tall and have a bald head (no offence intended). 3. I have always tried to act respectfully on this site and have a lot of respect for other contributors whether or not I agree with them. Having met the original poster of the spelling fiasco it is evident that we sometimes wrongly jump down throats without giving them chance to explain the full context of their postings. But hey thats where humour comes in I think. 4. What is paraphrasing you and was that aimed at me? I thought it meant one of the following:- When the ideas are more important than the author's authority or style. When the original language isn't particularly memorable, but the ideas are. When the original language is too difficult to understand (for instance, when the particular jargon or complexity of the original work is so difficult to understand that you need to paraphrase it so that the meaning is immediately clear)Much like Nebosh revision. Don't see anything wrong in that! So Richard I appollogise but I do not acept your offer to cross swords over the written word, wit or originality, as this would be victory I could not possibly win. I therefore surrender most gracefully and will take my leave. Reagards Jason (Putting his next worm on the fishing line for a bite.)
Admin  
#6 Posted : 27 July 2004 02:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould “Better a witty fool than a foolish wit” William Shakespeare “Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh and too selfish to seek other than itself.” Kahlil Gibran All found in google search because I would never have had a chance without my google :):):) I really do like the second one
Admin  
#7 Posted : 27 July 2004 13:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Spencer Jason Accepted, and I won't bite! The quotes are note worthy. Richard