Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2004 12:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brett Day
I've started receiving a lot of H&S related junk mail lately the most recent being from IOSH relating to an Anglia South District Seminar, given that these events are publicised in the newsletters and the Practitioner, my personal feeling is that the last thing I want is duplication of the course/seminar details cluttering up my in-box. And as such there should be an opt-in rather than the assumption that members want this.

What does anyone else think ?

Brett Day F.U.W.J.M (Fed Up With Junk Mail)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 August 2004 16:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman
I recently received an on-line survey from the publishers of the Practitioner. "what do I think of contents, length, width, weight per square meter etc". Quite reasonable and I was happy to answer - until I saw that a reply authorised an automatic opt-in for junk mail and sale of my details to "third parties".

Opting out was only possible by telephone or a written letter (not by e-mail)

I expect this kind of sneaky practice from the usual junk mailers but not from a company which, for us, is an agent of IOSH