Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 November 2005 12:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Does anyone know of any reputable training providers in the North East of Scotland (preferably Aberdeen) that does defensive driving?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2005 12:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jayne Dunn Try ROSPA www.rospa.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2005 12:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ross Stirton Hi Sean, I've used Roadwise (Aberdeen) before; http://www.roadwisedrive...aining.co.uk/welcome.htm and can also recommend Drive & Survive http://www.driveandsurvive.co.uk Regards, Ross
Admin  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2005 12:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Horenr Contact the Institute of Advanced Motorists Fleet Services via the IAM web site. Alternatively the Driving Standards Agency have a list of approved Defensive Driving Instructors. All the best David Horner
Admin  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2005 13:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser All good links, thanks
Admin  
#6 Posted : 02 November 2005 14:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sheila EJ Keogh Yep, contact me at sheila.keogh@raineronline.org and I'll let you know who I've used in my previous organisation (we used to drive diplomats & government ministers etc in eastern europe).
Admin  
#7 Posted : 03 November 2005 15:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan We are going to use Skid Car Training Scotland based in Elgin. They have computerised car which will recreate various conditions etc. Used by police and health board regularly and Moray Council at least Fiona
Admin  
#8 Posted : 04 November 2005 14:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By J Knight Hi Sean, We had a number fo worries about our road risks, since we operate about 100 leased vehicles and also have about 1,000 people who drive their own vehicles on our business. We commissioned a Managing Occupational Road Risk assessment from RoSPA. This cost us £3,500, but one of the main conclusions was that we don't need a systemmatic training programme for our drivers at the moment, given our claims and accident record. So, £3,500 well spent. We are going to do some assessments, and awareness training, and we will be extending our in-house MiDAS assessment for minibus drivers to include our retail van drivers, but not full scale training, John
Admin  
#9 Posted : 04 November 2005 15:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser John, I'd like to know more about your MiDAS assessment - can you email me using the name link above to discuss it a bit more?
gsdrivertraining  
#10 Posted : 02 June 2020 08:30:42(UTC)
gsdrivertraining

GS Driver training center is one of the best HGV, LGV,CPC, C1 Driver training school in UK

Roundtuit  
#11 Posted : 02 June 2020 08:49:59(UTC)
Roundtuit

To teach such a technical discipline it is a pity you have been unable to read, comprehend and act upon forum rules regarding commercial advertising.

Roundtuit  
#12 Posted : 02 June 2020 08:49:59(UTC)
Roundtuit

To teach such a technical discipline it is a pity you have been unable to read, comprehend and act upon forum rules regarding commercial advertising.