Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2009 11:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steven R Boulter A district nursing team has informed me that a number of council staff have said that they cannot use slide sheets to move a patient that is on a double bed. I would be grateful if anybody could point me towards any guidance on this subject. I believe slide sheets are available for double beds. At the moment I do not know what slide sheets are in use and what exact training staff have received on this subject. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Steve
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2009 11:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By graeme12345 Steve, what is the distrcict nurse and council staff's relationship with you?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2009 12:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis If you consider the mechanics of using a slide sheet, ie one person on either side, then the ability to use them in a double bed situation is restricted. It als makes the postural problems a lot worse for carers, ie they have to stretch to reach and move the patient. Bob