Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2002 15:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Conway I'm the HSE Advisor for an organisation (now 1000 employees) which has recently made an acquisition in the USA (200 staff). It is our intention to make futher acquisitions, possibly in USA and Europe. I have the task of establishing the HSE management/assurance framework for the global organisation. This will cover issues such as minimum standards and performance reporting. I'd welcome advice from those who have experience of this or support in terms of documents to help me develop the framework. Thanks Steve. I can be contacted on 01509 282152 or by e-mail on steven.conway@advanticatech.com
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2002 21:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Steve, I'm attempting to send you a chunky file by email, so please let me know if it arrives OK. If it doesn't appear, can you email me an address and I'll mail a hard copy instead. Allan
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2002 13:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Huber Steve, Have you visited the OSHA web site: http://www.osha.gov/ This is a very useful source of information for US health and safety. Always remember that there are also State codes which vary from one state to another. As for other countries I always find that if you develop procedures, systems, etc that apply here they will on the whole apply overseas. If you use local review teams they should be able to help you identify shortfalls or over kill. I work with a small team (4) that covers US, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa. This approach works for us. If you need more specific help I can put you in touch with a very good US based EHS company that will be able to help. Paul