Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2002 11:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Hill Can anyone give me any information on the ISRS or a place where I can access information on it. How it works, who oversees it etc
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2002 11:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Jerry, ISRS is an auditable safety management system marketed by DNV. It consists of 20 elements in different areas e.g. inspections & tours, contractor management, emergency preparedness, behavioural safety etc. The scoring system consisted of 10 levels. It had some good points, but was flawed in many areas (my opinion). DNV will give you more information, but I did hear that they were no longer marketing the system, although they would provide support to existing clients. I will send you a presentation I did on "The advantages and disadvantages of ISRS, and how to achieve and maintain level 5". It was for an interview for a job as Loss Control Co-ordinator, which involved implementing ISRS in a company with 1200 employees (I got the job). If you want anything else, drop me a line. Kind regards, Nick
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2002 11:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Hutchings Jerry, Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further information at all. We still use ISRS - mostly for existing clients. We also produce various bespoke management systems auditing tools amongst a wide variety of total risk management solutions worldwide. You can also visit our website www.dnv.com Kind Regards, Ian Hutchings Rail Consultant Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Consulting