Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2002 16:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kay Martin I am researching information to produce a pack to give to purchasers of new homes regarding the dangers on construction sites especially relating to children. Ideally this will be aimed at the children themselves with possibly things to colour, puzzles etc as well as highlighting the dangers. Does anyone know of, or have any existing publications that would help or know of any sources of information.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2002 17:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Dawson 'Protecting the public - your next move' (HSE Ref: HSG 151) provides practical advice on how those designing, planning, managing or carrying out construction work can keep risks to the public, including children, to a minimum, (it says here).
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2002 17:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Dawson The HSE have produced videos too eg: http://www.hse.gov.uk/videos/p12.htm
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 March 2002 09:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor I would also speak to RoSPA and the CITB.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 07 March 2002 09:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis Be Bold and talk to the Bob The Builder people. This is probably the best way to gain young interest Bob (Not the Builder-But I work there!!!)
Admin  
#6 Posted : 07 March 2002 10:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Kay Have a look at the following site; http://www.hseni.gov.uk/kids_site/home.htm Regards Ciaran
Admin  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2002 09:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Denis Hands Speak to Irene Andrews (Pre-Vocational Education Manager) at CITB. I believe that she has been developing the type of materials you describe. Tel 01485 577643