Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2002 20:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen Davitt Please could members forward me details of any companies or websites where I can order some gory posters depicting real accidents / injuries/ blood? Cartoons and playful wording don't make an impression with this workforce Thanks in Advance
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2002 09:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Houghton Helen, RoSPA sell a range of posters, though I don't know if any of them are as graphic as you are looking for! It might be worth a look. You can contact them on 0121 248 2000. Brian
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 March 2002 11:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall I can't help with the source of posters, but on the general topic of gory sights resulting in behavioural change, I am very sceptical. I used to arrange visits for student nurses to observe post-mortems where they would often see the dire consequences of cigarette smoking, drink/driving, alcohol/drug abuse, obesity etc. They were visibly affected by the disgusting sights that they saw but the shock is temporary and I saw no evidence that it changed anyone's behaviour.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2002 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By P Hocking Hi Helen, I was given this site some time ago. It is quite gory. You can down load the pictures and have them printed off. You may find some of the disturbing so be warned.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2002 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By P Hocking And the site is www.stl-online.net/thc/med
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 March 2002 11:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sara Spence Hi Helen I went to a lecture recently on the Implication of Human Factors in Risk Management and thought it was pretty useful in exploring the barriers to geting the Health and Safety message across. There was a particularly good bit on how people learn best e.g interactive versus purely visual. I'll e-mail you my notes in case they help your situation. Good luck. Sara
Admin  
#7 Posted : 15 March 2002 12:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sara Spence Hello again Helen - can't seem to reach your e-mail. If you'd like to send a test message to sara_spence@bnpparibas.com then I'll reply with the notes. Sara