Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2002 14:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Berry
I'm a little confused regarding notification of a project to HSE under CDM.

Are all demolition projects notifiable? I know that all CDM regulations apply to all demolition jobs, but if the project is less than 30 days construction / 500 person days does it still have to be notified?
thanks
Andy
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2002 16:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Dawson
See previous discussion headed 'cdm notification' in Feb.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2002 21:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe McNicholas
Andrew,

Around 1998 we had to take down an asbestos sheeted outhouse which requird an F10 form.

The structure was approximately 6ft cubed.

I know the regs changed a couple of years ago but I don't think the above was changed.

I could be wrong but, I was instructed that any demolition of any kind required notifying.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2002 21:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle
Yes.

CDM is automatically triggered by all (and any) demolition work.

Stuart Nagle
Admin  
#5 Posted : 09 April 2002 23:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Edward H
Your suspicions are correct, contrary to the previous responses. There are two seperate issues:

1- Do the CDM regs apply? [as stated they apply to all demolition]

2- If the regs apply, does the project meet the criteria for notification? [these criteria are the same whether it's demolition or construction. Hence although the regs APPLY to all demolition only certain demo jobs will be NOTIFIABLE]

This is stated explicitly in the ACOP
Admin  
#6 Posted : 10 April 2002 08:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Zyggy Turek
Andy,

This was discussed previously (see page 9 on this site)& the concensus was that whilst demolition certainly comes within CDM, the notification part only applies if you meet the 30 days/500 man hours criteria.

Following my response last time I do have a letter from a Principal HSE Construction Inspector which clarifies the situation & if you send me your Fax no. to my e-mail address I will forward a copy to you.

Zyggy.